Thursday, September 19, 2013

Skin Care; Acquiring A Dewy Skin

You've seen it on the red carpet and on the runways this past F/W and the most recent Spring Fashion Week....Dewy Skin is definitely INNNNNNN!!!!
Dewy skin is gorgeous on any skin but it is definitely hardest to fake with just dusting a shimmer powder and hope it looks good. The dewy skin is suppose to look like it is coming from within your complexion, and that my friends is not that hard to do....
Below are some steps to consider and incorporate into your skin care routine to acquire a glowing dewy skin.

Most important factor to keep in mind is hydration, the largest organ in our body is constantly craving moisture so treating it with a lil TLC along with a blend of key products and incorporating a few steps to your cleansing routine will help boost that desired glowy skin.

Exfoliate, Try to exfoliate at least twice a week to keep complexion looking fresh using a peel, scrub or glycolic acid-infused cleanser to help slough off dead skin cells and plump up dull skin. You've known from previous posts, I am a huge fan of Neutrogena Acne Stress Control scrub, and I've recently picked up a their Pore Refining exfoliating cleanser and their Natural purifying pore scrub to try. I've also picked up a 35% glycolic acid from my pro supplier that I use every other week in depending on how bad my skin gets.

Use a Hydrating Mask, often forgotten, A mask is actually one key element in keeping your skin hydrated. A mask once a week gives an intense dose of concentrated antioxidants, vitamins and acids that you get from a hydrating mask. Pick up a brightening mask to place on top of your brightening serum for an instant natural glowing skin.

Get to know power of Face Oils,  Face oils have had a bad rap for a very long time and women had shun them for fears of clogging their pores, breakouts and the ever oil slick face look.. in reality, Face oils are so good for your skin and I personally use this every night after I exfoliate or peel and I wake up with the most supple skin with no breakout. In doubt? try adding a drop of face oil with your foundation to get an even, glowing complexion without a cake-y effect.
A few of my fave oils to use are the Tamanu Oil, Rose Hip Oil and of course my holy grail of oils Pure Vitamin E Oil (use one or the other, I have not experimented with using all of them on my face yet, just on my hair oil lol)
Another way of infusing this is with your hydrating mask. apply a generous amount on face then apply your hydrating mask and leave it on for 15-20 minutes, read your gossip magazine, paint your nails or write a blog, rinse and voila!!!

Still not enough glow?

Dab on a Highlighter on the highest peaks of the face, top of your cheekbones, brow bones, bridge of your nose and chin and pat with your finger to blend into your skin. Love using Mac's cream base in hush and pearl, glimmer shimmer and strobe cream moisturizer (added to my foundation only where I want highlighted) I also like L'Oreal's Magic Lumi light infusing primer.


Would you incorporate ay of these to your skin care routine?
Please comment with your thoughts below or email with any queries, don't forget to socialize with me on twitter, instagram and facebook ......sharing is beauty-ful :)   

1 comment: