Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Product Rant or Rave; Lorac Cobra Mascara

So I have tried literally TONSSS of mascaras from different brands ranging from drugstores and high end.... I am always on a hunt for a good curling, lengthening and no clumping mascara. I have always been a fan of waterproof mascaras just for the simple fact that it usually holds my curls better and it doesn't run and gives me a raccoon eye when exposed to a little humidity/sweat.. This mascara has claimed to do all f the above without it being a waterproof.

What it is:
A curling, lengthening, and volumizing mascara that helps condition and lengthen lashes.

What it does:
This mascara features a custom cobra head wand for creating dramatic, buildable volume and length for the longest, thickest, blackest lashes ever. Infused with keratin, panthenol, and vitamin E, its formula resists flaking and smudging.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
This product is ophthalmologist tested and safe for contact lens wearers.

My thoughts.....
I love the idea of the cobra head and the science behind the ergonomically designed head to supposedly ease application of product on lashes. I always have to curl my straight lashes prior to applying any mascara so I did my usual routine prior to using this mascara, with high hopes of this product to enhance the curls or at least hold it if any.....Ummmm negative....I was so disappointed and I wanted to really love this mascara and had high hopes of me tossing out my lash curler and just use this but yeah I will be holding on to my lash curlers a lil while longer...
It also didn't give the length I was hoping for even with 3 coats and length was mediocre, I have achieved more from my drugstore mascara. This also did not give the volume I was expecting. On the better end of it, it didn't clump as much but and it did separate my lashes not sticky. I did like the fact that it is Paraben, Sulfates or Phthalates-free so it is safe for contact lens wearer.
Sadly, I can only give this a 3/5 stars. Let me know if you have this product and have had better success with it than I did.

What is your "Go-To" mascara?
Please comment with your thoughts below or email with any queries, don't forget to socialize with me on twitter, instagram and facebook ......sharing is beauty-ful :)

Sephora $20

No comments:

Post a Comment