Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Product Rant or Rave; NARS Realm of the Senses Cheek Palette

So I finally got my hands on this palette and have used it a few times and I would have to say this is a definite RAVE! [PURCHASED]

I couldn't justify spending $82.00 for both so I had to choose one or the other maybe if I like how this performs, I would bite the bullet and get the other one to add to my plethora of blushes :-]

The two palettes, Realm of the Senses and Soulshine,  was exclusively released at sephora and retails at about $41.00 each. The palette is the size  of their pressed powder container, with .42 oz of product in it.



This palette’s powders are much more shimmery than what I am used to, I usually prefer a matte blush but it can definitely be used as a bold highlight. I wouldn't suggest this for a mature skin as it will only accentuate lines as it will draw light to it with it's shimmers.


I personally love the engraved logo on the product and I though it was rather artsy :) Palette contains 3 shades, sheer peach, bronzed rose and sparkling golden sand and an over-spray within the engraving.
Interesting enough, the texture of the palette is much softer, almost buttery than your typical NARS blush.
One thing I did notice is the fallout when using a regular sized brush to extract product from the pan, I would suggest using a smaller and really soft blush brush to apply to reduce fall-out. Very well-pigmented formula, as expected, and it blends out easily. It also did last fairly long, about 8 hours on my combination skin and probably had lasted a lot longer if I stayed indoors but sadly, I had to run a few errands while testing this and it was the week when it was smoldering hot here in SoCal so it kinda faded a bit towards the 9th hour mark. Other than that it was beautiful and complementary to mostly fair-olive skin tone, Deep toned and beyond I would use it as a beautiful highlight.


Overall, I am quiet pleased with this purchase and will be using the heck out of it :)

Have you tried this product? What are your thoughts on it?
Please comment with your thoughts and responses below or email with any queries, don't forget to socialize with me on twitter, instagram and facebook ......sharing is beauty-ful :)


No comments:

Post a Comment