Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Falsies without the Falsies....

Something about the flared out and sky high curls  of the lashes that gets me uber excited when I see them on people, probably because I don't have them lol... I have been blessed with the typical straight and short lashes and have had to elongate and volumize them with falsies but recently, I have found my self working with what I have been blessed with and just experimenting with different mascaras that promises to volumize, lengthen and curl. Many products out there claims many but seldom delivers.
A few products I have tried ranges from the drugstore brands to high end brands. (If you want a review on specific brand/item listed comment below or message me) I have tried, Too Faced's Better Than Sex Volumizing and Lengthening mascara (a whole lot of promise just in the name alone if you ask me lol), Lorac's Cobra mascara, Lancolm's Hypnose, Definicil, Virtuous, Fatale, Hypnose waterproof and Definicils waterproof (If you didn't notice I am a HUUUUUGE fan of Lancolm's mascaras lol) MUFE's Smokey Lash & Lenghtening Mascaras, Givenchy's Phenomen' Eyes mascara, Tarte's Lights Camera Flashes, Benefit's They're Real, Shu Uemura's Fiber Extension Mascara, Buxom's Bare Escentuals on the higher end brands and for the drugstore tries, I've used Covergirl's Exact EyeLights, Clump Crusher & Flamed Out mascaras, Revlon's Photoready 3D Volume & Grow Luscious, Lash Potion Mascaras, L'Oreal's Voluminous False Fiber Lashes, Double Extend, Telescopic Shocking, Voluminous Million Lashes and Telescopic Carbon Black (Clearly my "go to" drugstore mascara are on the L'Oreal brand lol) Rimmel's Scandal Eyes Flex Mascara, Maybelline's Illegal Lengths and Rocket Volume Express Mascaras, and Essence's I <3 Extreme Volume mascara.... yeah I guess that is more than a few mascara collection and seems to continue to grow as these companies keeps coming up with innovative formulas for us to keep up with. Anyhow, with all that plethora of experiments, I have managed to find my self going back to this list of ones I found to have worked well with my straight, fine lashes.
Overall, My final thoughts for "MY" personal choice,  I have gone back to my original love relationship with Lancolm's waterproof Hypnose and Definicils specially when I am going to have a night out on the town. On a regular day to day, I tend to gravitate more towards my L'Oreal waterproof Voluminous False Fiber Lashes on top of a single coat of Rimmel's Scandaleyes Flex mascara, I love the volume, clump-free it gives my lashes and the additional length and waterproof finish it gives my lashes and best part, the final look of a high end lancolm mascara at a fraction of the cost. But I do love all of them, it jut depends on what mood I am in.

A definite must prep for me is curling my lashes three parts (base, mid & tip) with my Tarte lash curler, I love how soft the rubber is and gives the softest curls from base to tips.
Feel free to try some of the mascaras mentioned see how they perform on yours, below are some of my results. Please note that "WE" are not born with the same lash texture or length so feel free to adjust to your preference according to out results :)


 
Lancolm Hypnose Waterproof 2 coats
Rimmel Scandaleyes flex 1 coat & L'Oreal False Fiber Lashes 1 coat

Is this enough for a falsified lashes look for you? What's your mascara holy grail?
Please comment with your thoughts below or email with any queries, don't forget to socialize with me on twitter, instagram and facebook ......sharing is beauty-ful :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment