Monday, October 28, 2013

Fitness; Staying Fit On The Road...

Staying fit and healthy on the road doesn't necessary have to be strenuous... There many ways to stay on top of your fitness regime.
Aside from keeping a healthy diet, most hotels typically have a fitness center and they may not be what you are used to  with your health club accommodation they are usually stocked with the basics of treadmill, free weights, leg press and/or abs apparatus. Can't/Won't leave your room? You can always use body weight, chair or floor.
Here are a few things I like to do when I am traveling and have a few to spare for fitness =)

Running
Running is so invigorating to me specially when I am near an ocean and it's not humid outside, Usually my only form of heavy cardio which I take advantage of when I can, treadmills bore me and running outdoors gives me a chance to explore the city and sounds weird but it actually relaxes me =) So don't forget to pack a comfy sneaks and load up your phone with your favorite tracks and inquire at the concierge for the nearest park/trail.

Bodyweight & HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training)
Gloomy outside? Pushups, Dips and Squats gets me energized. Most hotel rooms usually have a basic desk or table (perfect for pull reverse pull-up) and chair (dips or inclined pushup) in the room so why not utilize it =)
For those who find the previous sets boring, intensify it with some plyometric and HIIT intervals with jump rope, burpees, mountain climbers, jump squats, plank jacks. I love combining bodyweight and HIIT because I don't need to do this for an hour, 30 minutes of HIIT is enough to keep your metabolism going throughout the day. Try my calorie/fat burning hotel room/"makeshift gym" buster =)
Please make sure you are healthy enough to do all these intervals, these are MY routines and it's what my body can tolerate so feel free to adjust it to your own resistance. Safe travels, Stay Happy and Healthy =)

50 jumping jacks or jump rope to warm up
50 squats
50 burpees
30 seconds jog in place
30 mountain climber
40 seconds plank jack
30 seconds side plank (both sides)
30 seconds jog in place
15 pushups/inclined pushups
15 dips
15 reverse pull-ups
Rest for 1 minute
Repeat 4X or however much time you have to spare =)

Burpees

Mountain Climber

Plank Jacks

How do you stay in shape on the road?
Comment with your thoughts below or email with any queries, don't forget to share & socialize with me on twitter, instagram and facebook ......stay beauty-full :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment