Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Masks & Scrubs.....My current faves...

Summer.....Fun in the sun, Sunscreen residue, sweat, pore clogging makeup.....doesn't sound much of a fun summer now is it lol... BUT, we all love it, we enjoy the moments and the memories we create and with all that fun, also comes the residue it leaves on your skin, I don't know about you but every  time I get home from being under the sun and I feel that crud on my face from the pool, ocean water, sunscreen residue, yuck!! And I just wanna have a good scrub. I know some people may not really care about a good skin care regimen that incorporates a good scrubbing and a mask AT least once a week, but you all should really think about adding that to your regimen. Not only does it makes your skin feel and look uber smooth and soft it also unclogs those pores and assists in keeping those breakout at bay. And for my makeup wearing diva's, it will help your makeup products apply much much smoother not to mention a more natural looking makeup. I personally use my scrub every single night (View my skin care regimen here to view what I use and products I love at the moment)
and use my masks once or twice a week depending on how my skin is looking or if I am attending any special event and I want my makeup to look flawless :) In addition to my Summer Skincare Faves I also use the following products:



The Neutrogena Acne Stress Control scrub that you've read me rave about over and over is probably going to be one of my holy grail product that I use every day. The beads are not too soft and not to harsh. This can double as a mask as well, leaving it on for about 15 minutes and then use it as a face wash after.




Glam Glow is definitely one of my favorite scrub+mask in one to get rid of the dead skin cells and clears out my pores. Everything it claims below provides just that. I love the blend of green tea and clay mask that absorbs all that impurities. Oh and yes the infamous tingling feeling on your skin once applied feel aaahhhh mazing and leaves my skin oh so glowy :)
Downside...lol... I only use this once a week or if I am hitting a special event why? It's so freaking expensive :-/ and I hate it coz it's sooooo worth the money...ugh... Anyhow, I digress...

"What it is:
A 10-minute professional-quality mud mask for men and women. 

What it is formulated to do:
This mud mask leaves skin noticeably radiant and glowing. It activates moisturizing collagen synthesis, provides gentle resurfacing exfoliation, and helps to leave skin smoother, brighter, and softer. While providing tighter skin texture and tighter pores, it provides a more youthful appearance and absorbs impurities without removing natural oils. "




Now the other two masks, I use depending on when I feel a breakout is peeking it's ugly head....smh, I hit them with a the Neutrogena SkinID for Acne solution as a mask first for about 15 minutes then lather it as a face wash after and if I feel like my skin can handle a little bit more, I spot treat it with Olay PROXclear sulfur mask overnight.

All these products can be applied with your fingers or with a synthetic brush like I have on the picture.

What are your favorite exfoliating and/or go to masks?
Please comment with your thoughts below or email with any queries, don't forget to socialize with me on twitter, instagram and facebook ......sharing is beauty-ful :) 

To read more glowing treatment tips, read this.

Ciao,
-PF

 

No comments:

Post a Comment