Friday, August 23, 2013

TIPS-y Friday: Quick sanitation and brush clean up


So I'm sure you have heard about or read about the girl who contracted herpes from using a mac lipstick tester at a MAC store...ummm scary and that is why I NEVER apply testers on my lips, eyes or even my face...yeah swatching them on my arms really isn't any better either but as long as there's no cuts or lesions on my arms (which you should not be applying products to begin with..) I should be ok, I hope lol..

Anyhow, I mentioned that to say you should ALWAYS sanitize your products and brushes to avoid any infection specially if you share products with your friends/sisters ect... It's a known fact that cosmetics and dirty brushes are the breeding ground for bacteria so here are compiled quick tips to keep those growth at bay.

One thing you should always have in your vanity is a spray bottle of 99% alcohol, I get mines at Sally's  or order them online at a pro store but it takes forever for shipping as it has to travel ground so I just make that drive to Sally's... You can also get the 91% at your local drugstore, I think that's the highest they sell. I like the 99% because if I am in between clients, I need my brushes to dry and quick. Just spray on the brushes swirl it on a dry towel or papertowel, repeat until your brushes are clean and you're good to go.

Sanitize your eye and lip liners- Use a sharpener to remove top layer of the liner before or after usage to keep bacteria at bay.

Face powder products and eye shadows- After usage, a quick spray of 99% alcohol and leave it open for a few minute for the alcohol to evaporate then close and store.

Mascara- You should never share mascaras with anyone but if you do, I suggest using disposable wands and do not double dip. If you must use multiple coatings, Dip wand multiple times to get enough product and blot it on the back of your hand or palette and use that to grab second or third coatings.

Foundations- This applies more to the cream foundation palettes as most liquid foundation are usually packaged ergonomically to release product easily without contaminating specially if you are using a sponge. For cream foundation in a pan, use a spatula to take product out and place them on the back of your hand or palette to avoid contamination of product, you can also spray 99% alcohol on a clean sponge and swipe it on the pan to sanitize product.

Moisturizing Cream- This also applies to creams that comes in a wide mouth jar that requires you to scoop the product out, well I would definitely suggest using a spatula to scoop the product so that you don't contaminate the rest of the product.


That's all I can think of right now and if you have any tips that you wanna share please comment below or email with any queries, don't forget to socialize with me on twitter, instagram and facebook ......sharing is beauty-ful

Have an awesome weekend :) -PF


No comments:

Post a Comment