Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Autumn 2013 Makeup Trend

I don't know about you but, I always get so excited around Fall Fashion Week... it's usually a sign Summer is almost over and Autumn (My favorite season) is upon us. Not only do I get all ecstatic about the clothes, I think I get more orgasmic-ally excited about what makeup looks are going to be trending and this year's are pretty much same as last year with a few additions but I think that NAVY is really haute addition to this Fall's trend... Here are some of the haute hues that popped up on the runways of this year's FFW that we can definitely recreate for our own pleasure :)

Blue Shadow and Eyeliner. Looks great on everyone, especially hazel and light-brown eyes. Line your lash line thinly with a Navy eyeliner for a wearable daytime look and smudge it and deepen the outer crease with a navy shadow to create a smokey cocktail hour look.


Shades of Grey. Yes I was just as obsessed with Mr. Grey, but I am not talking about him ;) Let's keep the topic on makeup here k...lol...Grey shadows made a cameo at the runways of Alexander Wang and Marc Jacobs as well as Milan Fashion Week. A smokey grey with a bright/nude lips looks amazeballs for Fall and definitely will be getting a look of the night from me soon :)





Meow once for the Cat-Eye. Might want to get your stability and that cat eye liner perfected because it’s all about the cat eye this fall. Use the navy blue as your base liner to create a gorgeous blue cat-eye look :) Anna Sui, Lanvin, Oscar Caravallo are just a few who gave life to this trend :)







Showoff your Autumn faves on your cheeks.  Rich toned but sheer in texture blushes graced the runways this fall, alternate or warm it up with a bronzer to accentuate a flushed look or sans bronzer for a frost bitten cheeks look. Soften it with a face powder if you think you've blushed too much :)



Favorite Fall staple. Wine, Plum and Burgundy's usually graces the lips of many every year and this year is no different. Anthony Vaccarello, Derek Lam and of course my fave Louis Vuitton has paired these looks with a few versions of their own respective Cat-Eye looks on their runway, If the color is too overwhelmingly goth for you, opt for the stain look and just blot and layer with your fave lip gloss to mute it down a bit.










*****Bonus
For a more artistic look for this season, my fave goes to the The Mao Geping stylist collection China Fashion Week 2013
These looks are avant garde and def not meant for an every day look but, hey that's the beauty of makeup and that is to be expressive so if you are bold enough to pull it off, hey why not right???
In going with this season's trend I chose my three favorite colors :) Purple, Grey and Blue! 




What are your Autumn trend signature look? Would you rock any of the Mao Geping Collection looks? 
 Let me know your thoughts below or email with any queries, don't forget to socialize with me on twitter, instagram and facebook ......sharing is beauty-ful :)

Read more Autumn Trends here...

No comments:

Post a Comment