Friday, August 2, 2013

Health & Fitness: The beginning of cutting refined sugar out of my diet..... #YIKES!

So I have made an impulsive decision of cutting refined sugar (among other things, but let's stick to one item at a time) out of my diet for as long as I can in an attempt of dropping some weight that I can't seem to shed off despite hours of working out at the gym :/
We all know diet is a major factor in assisting with weight loss so, I am starting with artificial sugar elimination and continue utilizing fresh fruits and vegetables as a source of my natural sugar.

And of course, doing it the PMc way, I WOULD do it on a weekend where I know it would be filled with family festivities and yummy Filipino food, desserts and snacks spread in a platter (literally lol)
So my first attempt this morning was drinking black coffee (sorry, I don't think I can give up my caffeine), sans sugar & cream.....(I drink tea plain but not coffee so this was a challenge.)
-First reaction... yikes, but drank it like a champ.
I was never really into a lot of refined sugar or artificial sweeteners to begin with, I usually opt for fresh fruits or water BUT I use the original International Delight creamer which has 6 grams of sugar/serving (original) and artificial sugar for the "sugar-free" version.
Anyhow, So this I am making this short and sweet (pun definitely intended lol) but wish me luck with this journey and will update you at how it goes and how long I am sticking to it... (Crossing fingers)
Next stop.... 12 weeks huh??? maybe by the time my 35th birthday comes around, my abs would be close to this lol...
Current weight: 125lbs (yeah, not cute at all...smh)
Goal is to get back down to 108-110

How long do you think I can keep this up? 
Please comment with your thoughts below or email with any queries, don't forget to socialize with me on twitter, instagram and facebook ......sharing is beauty-ful :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment