Wednesday, November 20, 2013

2013 Holiday Releases....Part I

Aside from the actual holiday festivities and plethora of food to consume, my other favorite indulgence are the holiday product releases from every single beauty brands, I get so overwhelmed with the options and most of the time have trouble deciding which one to get and which ones to pass on. (If it were up to me, I'd buy every single one of them and I would be set for the whole year...NOT, who am I kidding right?!??!) Anyhow, here are some releases for this year, I will try and be as detailed with the items and my thoughts on whether to pass or a must have. Oh might be worth mentioning that I usually stock up on palettes around this time as it makes the most sense and not to mention cheaper than buying a ton of singles and sometimes, brands usually releases limited colors and/or palette combos. All these products are available at Ulta, Sephora, Department Counters, respective brand websites.
URBAN DECAY [Vice 2 Palette, Shattered Face Case, Anarchy Face Case, Ocho Loco 2 Glide-On Eye Pencil, Black Market Glide-On Eye Pencil]
I reviewed the Vice 2 Palette when I purchased it back in October and may be seen here. Loved it and formulation has definitely improved from their past releases. I have not had the chance to review the other 2 Face Cases, which comes with 5 Shadows, 2 Cheek colors and a highlighter, 1 Full Size High Gloss Lip Color and 1 Travel Size Glide-On Eye Pencil in a cute compact "Face Case" :)
My overall impression on these Face Cases, It's about $15 less than the cost of the Vice 2 Palette ($59) and you're probably thinking, "wth I might as well cough up the extra 15 and get the Vice 2 with 20 shadows" right?!? but one must consider both purchase and what you wanted out of the palette, if you want an All-In-One palette to create a full face coverage, (sans the foundation) or if you'd rather have all shadows. Either way, I think it's a great buy and the packaging are so adorably chic. (Comment below if you'd like a more in-depth review of the face case) The Face Cases will definitely make for a great stocking stuffer for the beauty lover in your list.



On to the Glide-On Eye Pencils, UD had 2 sets released for Fall/Holiday which are the Ocho Loco 2 ($59), which contains 8 Glide-On Pencils with 5 exclusive shades for the holiday and a Grindhouse double barrel sharpener. Along with this release, UD also came out with the Black Market Glide-On Eye Pencil ($36) release which include 6 travel size eye pencil with 5 of which are limited edition color. I passed on these liners because I have enough high end liners in my collection already and I feel that I can find just as good liners in the high street/drugstore  brands, but if you are an UD Liner collector, these may be an awesome buy for you (if they're still available..yikes) In fairness, these liners are super pigmented, creamy and long wearing so I guess the price tag may be justifiable for some and if you break it down to per piece, you are saving quiet a bit as 1 eye liner is usually about $20 so breaking it down, you're paying less than $7.50/liner. Again, personal preference :)


LAURA MERCIER Holiday 2013 Collection [Petite Baked Eye Colour, Luxe Colour Wardrobe Dual Decker, Color to Go Palette, Artist Palette-just to name a few)
This release is one of my favorite brand but this holiday release, I was only able to pick up the Artist Palette ($48), which I believe is exclusive to Sephora. I love the buttery soft, easy to blend shadows in this palette and the uber luxe case it comes with. I also wanted to pick up the Luxe Colour Wardrobe Dual Decker ($125) but that price tag is just....but almost worth it when you try to break down the price of each item in it...yes, trying to justify and convince my self lol..This Dual Decker consists of 8 Eyeshadows, 3 Tightline Cake liner, 2 Cheek colors, 1 Highlighter, 1 Eye Pencil and I think 3 brushes.
Petite Baked Eye Colours ($25) are so adorably cute and so pigmented. They have 3 Trios of Amethyst, Bronze and Emerald, Not bad for $25 each trio :)
Along with these releases of Color To Go cheek palette, Line and Define Creme Pencils and a set of Mini Lip Glace, LM also came out with sets of bath and body luxury products ranging from body wash, creams and candles.







NARS [One Night Stand Cheek Palette, Nars Splendorn In the Grass, Cosmetic Pochette, Fling Lip Pencil Set, Crime Passion Face Kit, Voyeur Eyeliner Set, Beautiful Stranger Nail Set, Promiscuous Mini Lip Pencil]
This has got to be one of my more exciting release to indulge in. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE Nars and regardless of how controversial Guy Bourdin is, that's besides the point, I love the palettes and I guess they could have toned down the names but umm ok who wouldn't want Deep Throat in their collection right?!!? lol... Anywhoo, just like the rest of the releases, I only purchased a few items that I thought were a key items, I mean all of them are key items if you ask me but...my pocket disagrees evidently.. so I picked up the Guy Bourdin One Night Stand Cheek Palette ($65), 3 of the Cinematic Lipstick ($26) in Goodbye Emmanuelle, Future Red and Full Frontal, Of course I had to pick up Exhibit A  ($29) just because it's such an "in-your-face" color but really nice color to warm up any cheek tones, and Splendor in the Grass ($49)palette. The rest of the Collection are, Cosmetic Pochette ($75) , which is just an Italian leather makeup pouch, ummm a bit pricey for what it is if you ask me for just a pouch, I'd rather get one of the 3 Pouches ($45) that contains the Promisuous Mini Lip Pencils, the Crime of Passion Face Kit ($59) which contains pretty much your essential needs of 1 Gloss, 3 Shadows, 1 Blush and 1 Bronzer or Fling Lip Pencil Set ($49) containing 2 Lip Pencil and 2 Lipsticks in an oh so adorable lips shaped case. This Collection also features, the Beautiful Stranger Nail Set ($35) with 4 Limited edition colors. Again, let me know if you would like an in-depth review of any of the ones I have from this collection :)






TARTE [Best of Lash Set, Tarte of Giving Collectors Set & Travel Bag, Thoughtful Treasures Best Sellers, Off the Cuff Blush Palette]
I just love Tarte, They usually come out with some of the best collections every year and this year is no different. They have definitely produced some of my daily staple products. For this collection, My faves have got to be the Off the Cuff Blush Palette ($42), I just adore the chic cuff bracelet and of course their blushes (One of my go-to blushes, aside from Nars) This palette contains 4 amazingly pigmented 12 Hour Amazonian Clay blushes and 1 Bronzer. Another fave from this collection has got to be the Tarte of Giving Collector's Set & Travel Bag ($59) which is the motherload of this season's collection in my opinion, I mean for the price, you get a travel bag with 20 limited edition buttery soft, super pigmented Amazonian clay eye shadows (did I mention 20?) 8 Deluxe maracuja lip glosses, 1 Deluxe maracuja oil, 1 Deluxe limited edition Amazonian clay blush, 1 Deluxe maracuja C brighter eye cream, 1 Deluxe cheek stain and 1 Deluxe Lights, Camera Lashes mascara, I mean just add on your brushes and foundation and you are packed :)
For Tarte Mascara fans out there, you can add these two sets on your list of must haves, The Best for Lash ($25) which contains 1 Primer, 2 Mascara and 1 Inner Rim Liner or the Stop and Stare Liner+Lash Set ($39) with an assortment of 3 Skinny SmolderEyes waterproof liner, 2 SmolderEyes waterproof liner and a Deluxe Light Camera Flashes mascara. Looking for a stocking stuffer? Might I suggest, Thoughtful Treasures Best Sellers set ($19) containing a limited edition blush, maracuja oil and lipsurgence lip tint..






So this will conclude part 1 of the holiday collection....I didn't want to overwhelm you with loads and loads of awesome goodies :)
What have you picked up from any of the 2013 Holiday Collection? Please Do share :)
Comment with your thoughts below or email with any queries, don't forget to share & socialize with me on twitter, instagram and facebook ......stay beauty-full :)

No comments:

Post a Comment